We take 100’s of consignments every week for the general public!
We have THOUSANDS of local bidders all looking to buy your stuff.
30% to 35% Commission Rate
Our commission rate is just 30% if you supply the wording of how you wish the lot to be listed. We charge 35% if you would prefer that we lot your items together and create the listing text. We do take a MINIMUM commission of 4.00 per lot (this covers the costs involved in creating the listing).
QUALITY OF ITEMS YOU BRING IN
We always ask that you please only bring quality items and donate the box lots and low value items to the local thrift stores or have garage sales. We get plenty of box lots and low value items from estate clearances and we do list these items as they are a necessary part of the auction however we get so much of it we ask that the pickers and general public who bring in items please bring in items that have the potential to get over 20.00 per lot (Aim for 30.00 a lot) we will refuse any lot we think has no potential to get to at least 20.00 or we will adjust your lots if we can and combine items in a way that they have more potential to get 20.00+ for the lot. Please do not bring broken items that would be expected to work, a antique camera that no longer takes photos would be fine but a broken coffee maker or vacuum please just recycle that. Bidders have 24 hours to test items, If the bidder takes the item home and finds it broken we will issue them a refund and you will owe the lost commissions so please test stuff first.
Inherited an estate? Downsizing? Moving? Whatever the reason we can help. When we auction an estate we can take EVERYTHING if that is what you wish. Anything that we think is sell-able we will try to sell for you, We will get top dollar for the good stuff and we will build box lots and even sell junk drawers if you wish. The items we do not think will sell will either be donated, recycled or discarded or you can do this once we pick over all the sell-able items (Your choice and it’s all negotiable). if you need us to pick up the items (estate clearing) we charge 35% commission + carriage fees of 85.00/hr (includes two movers and a truck/van with 3 hour minimum). We can also do live on location auctions or even TAG sales at your location or a onsite live auction or even a on site online auction. All depends on the property, contents, neighborhood, local bylaws, etc.. but we would be more then happy to come discuss this with you. Let us do the work for you and make you some money for your items as well.
HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT IS GOOD OR BAD?
We know prices of today’s market! We have been antiques and collectibles dealers for many years and know the current market very well and can assist you in selling your treasures. We can do a walk through on a house and estimate the auction value rather easily as we have years of experience in this field. Why risk throwing out the good stuff while you try to sell the items that currently have no real market value? Most people think the dining room suite they have is valuable and unless it is designer mid century teak it really is not worth much at all in todays market as al the baby boomers are downsizing and selling the EXACT same dining room suite in either walnut, maple or oak. Those tea cups, figurines and trinkets may have had value 10+ years ago have very little value but if you have a video game system from the 1980’s or some plastic or tin toys from the 60’s 70’s or 80’s you could be sitting on a gold and not even know it. Coins, silverware, etc.. etc.. are always valuable and even some costume jewelry. Don’t worry, we do know what sells in todays market and can help you out. Please do not throw anything out in your garage as most estates have the most value in the garage! Tins, Tools, tool boxes and other items commonly found in sheds and garages are very valuable.
DO YOU JUST BUY ITEMS?
We personally buy, sell and take consignments but we will always try to convince you that consigning your items is best. You will get the most out of your items this way, if we purchase them we are just going to list them on the auction and were going to purchase them for a lot less then 75% of what we thing the sale will be but if you consign them you get 75% of the final realized price. If you need cash today we will always buy just bring some photo id with you and the items.
ANTIQUES & COLLECTABLES?
Overwhelmed with an estate full of antiques or collectibles? Maybe just some nice furniture that needs a new home? We can help. We can give you estimates on prices for your items, help organize your on-site estate sales or come take photos and organize a online estate sale where we take care of it all for you.
CONTACTING US AFTER YOUR GARAGE SALE?
You should contact us BEFORE you have a garage sale (NOT AFTER) if your not sure of the current market prices or if something is garbage or valuable. Often families will inherit an estate full of treasures and even know what is and is not a treasure. We have found simple things like fruit preserve jars and oil cans in basements, attics and garages worth 1000’s of dollars that the family was going to trow out or recycle in order to clean a basement or attic and sell an estate.
We can usually get you much more for your items (items you did not even know were valuable) and if you are unsure of the value of your antiques and collectibles we we be more then happy to come by and give you some advise (and maybe buy or consign a few items from you).
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY SELL ”KNOCK OFFS”
Please do not bring us knock off (unlicensed reproductions or forgery pieces). For example is your purse says GUCCI and you bought it new for under 100.00 chances are it is NOT REAL (It could be and if you are unsure we can look at it for you but chances are it’s a knock off). Fake sunglasses, fake sterling that is stamped 925 but is plated, Fake purses and even fake scarfs are not only bad to sell but can also be illegal to sell so we will not knowingly sell a fraud/fake piece.
WRITING YOUR OWN DESCRIPTIONS TO SAVE 5%
- Please DO NOT LIE or FIB on your descriptions. If your item is repaired, damaged (crack, chip, scratch, not fully working, etc) please mention it in the description. If you say it is working, new, as new, Good to Excellent condition, etc… we will hold you to it. The buyer has 24 hours to get it home and test it, if it is not working 100% or is damaged and the damage is not listed in the description they can bring it back and YOU the consignor will have to pick it back up and pay us for the lost commissions. We tell the bidders if the item is listed ASIS or AS FOUND or is a vintage or antique item and the description does not say what condition issues it has or detail the condition they are to assume it has A lot of damage and to bid accordingly. You should take the time to explain the condition so your bidders are more confident in the bids they make, you will get better money for your items and less items being returned if you have honest clear condition details. Just saying the item is in As found condition with no details will discourage many bidders who are willing to overlook a old repair or a few small chips. If we feel you are purposely not being honest we may ask you to stop consigning with us. We need to keep both the bidders and consignors happy.
- Do not use terms like “RARE” or “SCARCE” or make claims to how valuable they are without being able to back it up. If you look online and find 100 of some item for sale it is not rare or scarce, if you find one of them that sold 10 years ago well that may be scarce. Remember just because someone else says its rare does not mean it’s rare.
- Grade of coins & bank notes. Unless the coin is sealed and graded by a reputable company the grade should only be a suggestion or none at all. Say “Should grade as a AU or better grade” is fine but saying “This is a AU grade coin” is not ok.
- Please print your descriptions or type them, if your handwriting is too hard for the staff to read your descriptions will not be correct. That is not good for you or us.
- Measurements and sizes. Your listings should have measurements or sizes if needed. Rings can be sized here if you do not know, just ask when you bring the items in. Objects like pictures and paintings, decor items etc… should have the size included (Inches preferably).
For customers bringing items to us to sell for them please print the contract: [Click Here]
For ESTATES that require transport of goods or large estates that require a dedicated auction please print this contract [Click Here]
Any question please open a support ticket: [Click Here]