Things we do not take from the general public
(In Most Cases we always have exceptions).
We do occasional have these items listed as we clear estates and we are obligated to try to sell all the potentially sell able contents but we do not take these items as walk ins from the general public.
** BEFORE BRINGING SOMETHING IN PLEASE ASK YOURSELF THE FOLLOWING **
“If I was to have a garage sale what would I ask for this item?“
If the answer is under 20.00 then it is NOT a good item for auction.
Put those items together with more similar items and make a cohesive lot but not a junk lot. Our auction is successful cause we do not sell a lot of JUNK lots. Please help us maintain that. We may refuse to list items or rearrange your lots so please do not be upset if we do this it is only to benefit you and the other sellers in the long run. We have been doing this long enough we have a really good handle on what will and will not sell good.
We will add to this list as we think of items to add, just because your item is NOT listed below does not mean we will accept it, please drop by and ask.
- IRONS with cords (Antique case iron ones and some vintage steam ones will sell)
- Rechargeable Battery Powered items such as Vacuums (including robot ones), weed eaters, lawn mowers, etc. If you have a NEW battery for them and they hold 100% charge we will sell it but you must guarantee it holds a charge. To many get returned.
- Push button phones, cordless phones, vintage cell phones or business phone systems. Antique wall phones, rotary phones and candle stick phones will always sell.
- Collector Plates (Unless they are sterling silver)
- China in general has been poor the last few years however some are selling again.
- Tea cups are starting to sell again so lots of 10 or more work and if you need help identifying the really collectable ones that would stand alone we can assist you just ask
- Complete antique or vintage chip free english made tea service
- Hand painted Paragon, Ansley, Etc. especially art deco era ones
- High end such as Shelly tea cups
- Dolls (Even really old antique dolls not many collectors for these any more. a full collection we may sell as one lot)
- non GOLD or SILVER jewelry by itself as a single lot must be REALLY nice or designer made like sworski or sherman
- Low end Watches (Exceptions are pocket watches, gold watches, brand new working in original box & authentic higher end) you can do a watch lot with 10 or more VINTAGE watches and sell them as is, the watch collectors still like these.
- Figurines porcelain exceptions listed below
- Royal Doulton figures are fine in the standard size one but only the figures
- Beswick animals usually sell
- Lladro (authentic ones) in groups of 3 or more usually sell
- Newspapers, magazines, etc. there are some exceptions but they mostly don’t sell
Royal items also do not sell well. Photographs, cabinet cards & even post cards. If they are of people or places outside Canada they have to be in large lots)
- Black and white photo post cards of Canadian towns are still good
- Large lots of post cards (Binders and Boxes full)
- Tin Type photos and Cabinet cards of NON people can be good.
- Military photos from WWII or older
- Anything broken. (If it’s a really collectable piece sometimes exceptions and condition is forgivable but for the most part we do not want to sell broken items. Especially broken electronics!)
- Clothing items
- Vintage leather jackets,
- Furs that are in extremely good condition,
- Advertising jackets, rare or unique jackets)
- Bottle openers need to be in LARGE collections as one lot or prove to us that the one you have is rare enough to get at least 20.00
- Hard cover military books
- 100+ year old first addition books (especially signed ones)
- Duck decoy books
- Bird watching books (Canada/Ontario)
- Most needle point (antique well done ones 80+ year old in excellent condition will still sell)
- Art prints
- James Lumbers and other local artists
- Group of Seven
- Norval Morrisseau
- under #/75, Artist Proofs and some under #/250 can be good)
- Some other artists prints sell good just look them up if not sure. Better if in a frame
- Broken modern electronics or password locked electronics WE DO NOT TAKE vintage radios and antique radios must be declared not working and be in good cosmetic condition. Vintage video game systems must say if they have been tested working or not
- Taxidermy (Illegal to sell in Ontario if the animal is found in Canada)
- Children’s used safety devices (Illegal to sell used in Ontario must be in sealed factory box with correct safety certification) This includes Used Baby Cribs (Illegal to sell used in Ontario must be in sealed factory box) cradles, etc..
- Guns (we do have someone that will take these however contact us for info as we can not sell them and we ask that you DO NOT bring them in to the shop
- Knives that open by button or gravity are illegal
- Pellet guns that shoot over 495 feet per second require a PAL and we do not sell them
- Junk Lots (Left overs from a garage sale) if you have a garage sale and bring us the remains of what did not sell you are wasting your time and ours, take that to the thrift store as your good items were already purchased by the local pickers and will be in next weeks auction consigned by them and not you.
- The Club (Steering wheel anti theft devices)
- Car Audio Head units & loose car audio speakers (We will sell boxes with speakers but they must work)
- Laptop Bags, cell phone bags and brief cases (No one uses these anymore)
- Anything moldy, musty or to smelly to sell (including very stinky moth ball smell, smoking or perfume)
- Most Antique sewing machines
Exceptions are the SMALL singer 221 & 22k Featherweight signers and space age 1950s stylized machines and child’s toy machines) sometimes the cast iron treadle bases will sell but they do not get much these days.
- Amber colored art glass, depression glass or carnival glass
- Pianos (Working electronic keyboards are good)
- Crystal and Clear glass dish and stemware. Exceptions at Christmas time nice crystal will sell, plain elegant decanter sets usually sell, some pedestal cake plates and EPAG goblets with beavers on them.
- CORNFLOWER pattern Huges glassware or knock off versions of this no longer sell
- Music Organs (only exception is a hammond b2 with lesney speaker or somethink like a rhodes stage organ)
- 1980’s or newer hockey cards (Very few exceptions)
- 1970’s or newer baseball cards (Very few exceptions)
- Basketball & football cards do not sell well and most none sports card do not do that well. Looney tunes, star trek, etc.. do not usually perform well
Some exceptions are…
- Magic the gathering
- Used coolers
Some exceptions are…
- Coke/Sprite/Dr.Pepper/Etc… advertising ones
- Brand new ones (Not Styrofoam)
- Ones with wheels will usually sell (if in perfect condition)
- Used tents (pop up tents and 10+ person tents in near perfect condition are fine) no holes, smells or missing parts and we will consider it
- Used air mattresses or used mattresses in general do not sell
- Beds & mattresses unless brand new (Never used still in plastic) even most antique ones do not sell so we avoid them
- Damaged silverplate or partial silverplate items complete sets of utensils or really nice or unique items will sell.
- Candles & candle holders (we get these with every estate)
- Most single or ugly lamps (1950’s and some deco/artnew lamps are exceptions)
- Used ceiling fixtures (fans & lights)
- Low boy dressers (unless they are mid century teak and top condition)
- forgery/fakes (fake brand names, fake purses, fake glasses, fake silver/gold marks, hockey card fakes, fake coins & bills, etc.. Anything made to be deceitful) We DO NOT sell these under any circumstance.
- Food products that are expired or open or low value
- Untested modern electronics (You must guarantee the item is working to list it)
- Used pots and pans and cooking devices such as grills (exceptions such as leCruset pots, cast iron pots with names on the bottom, etc.)
- Bear traps (Illegal to sell in Ontario)
- old video cameras or anything related to Beta/VHS or Floppy disk
- CRT Tube TV or even Flat screen monitors or TV’s without hdmi connectors
- Treadmills and other work out machines (They sell but they take up way too much room)
… and 100’s of other items we have not added yet. Sorry we aim for all consignments to reach a MINIMUM of 20.00 any items that we do not feel have the potential to reach 20.00 are turned down.